On Sunday, two armed men opened fire on a crowd at a beachside party in Orlando, Florida.
One was wearing a white balaclava and carrying a handgun.
A second man, who has not been identified, was wearing shorts and a white tank top.
A third man, believed to be in his 20s, appeared to be carrying a backpack.
He is believed to have fired two shots at the crowd before fleeing the scene.
In response, a crowd of around 100 people gathered and formed a human shield to protect the beach from the men.
They were subsequently shot by police.
One of the two men, who had his arm raised above his head and was covered in blood, was shot and killed by a police officer, who later died.
Police said he had fired his weapon at the beach in response to the attack.
The two men had been wearing black balaclavas and wearing camouflage pants and a T-shirt.
In the hours leading up to the shooting, they were reported to be planning a shooting spree in the city of Orlando.
Police have said they were not aware of any links to terrorism and had not identified any motive.
They also said the two had not been involved in any other violent incidents.
However, they added that they were concerned about possible retaliation against them by local and national authorities.
“These two individuals have a history of domestic violence and have previously been charged with threatening violence against a law enforcement officer,” said Detective Chief Inspector Steve Gough, from the Orlando Police Department.
“This was a targeted attack. “
This was a violent attack and there are many people involved.” “
This was a targeted attack.
This was a violent attack and there are many people involved.”
Police have not named the men they believe were responsible for the attack, but they have said the attack was a result of the mass shooting at a nightclub in Orlando in June.
In a press conference on Sunday, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said the shooting was not racially motivated, and said the officers who opened fire were “not racially motivated”.
“These individuals are not violent,” he said.
“What they were doing was to protect themselves from the threat of this mass shooting that was going on.”
However, in a statement on Monday, the city’s mayor, Buddy Dyer, said the city was in the midst of a “sustained investigation” into the shooting.
“Today, I was informed that the City of Orlando is in the process of a sustained investigation into the incident that occurred on Sunday at the Pulse nightclub,” Mr Dyer said in a press release.
“In the meantime, I have ordered all officers on duty to remain vigilant and protect their community. “
The City of Miami and our community are safe and sound, and we will not be deterred by this attack.””
In the meantime, I have ordered all officers on duty to remain vigilant and protect their community.
The City of Miami and our community are safe and sound, and we will not be deterred by this attack.”