Carrie’s fans will be able to watch the actress, and her former co-star, as the US Supreme Court hears arguments on the constitutionality of President Donald Trump’s executive order barring travel from seven Muslim-majority countries.
A court decision on Friday, the first of the Trump administration to take effect, is expected to strike down the ban, and Carrie and her supporters have vowed to fight.
Halleluji said she hoped the ruling would be a turning point, one that would force Trump to “stop acting like a dictator” and respect the rights of people in the US.
“It’s not just my opinion, it’s the opinion of millions of people around the world,” she said.
“This is not the end of the fight, but the beginning of the end.
It’s not the start of the march, but it’s going to be the end.”
Underwood said she and her team were “delighted” that the US courts were taking a “hard look at the constitution and its relevance in the age of Trump”.
“I am so excited about this because it’s really important to us,” she added.
The actor has become an outspoken critic of the president, and she said she had been a target of “trolls” since the US travel ban took effect.
“I have been receiving death threats from trolls since the travel ban went into effect.
I’m not saying that I have no right to speak out, but I just can’t,” she told Sky News.”
They’re targeting me because I’m an outspoken feminist and because I am a woman, and they want to silence women.”
The actor is the latest to criticise Trump, who has been criticised for his handling of the travel issue, including his decision to temporarily ban travellers from Iran and Iraq from entering the US and Canada from April 15.
In February, she wrote a letter to the president of the United States, urging him to rescind the ban and restore a “normal, respectful and tolerant relationship with our Muslim friends”.
The actress also called for a boycott of Trump’s inauguration, in which he will be sworn in as the 45th US president on Monday.